LORAIN COUNTY, OH (WCMH) — An Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper had part of his ear bitten off during a fight with a suspect Thursday night.
It happened around 7:15am Thursday on Diagonal Road north of Biggs Road in Lagrange Township in Lorain County, WKYC reported.
It all started when a woman called 911 to report a man she believed was drunk walking down the road. The caller said she feared the man would be hit by a car.
A trooper began talking with the man, identified as Cornelious Carey Jr., 44, of Elyria. During the conversation, video dhows Carey hitting the trooper in the face.
According to WJW, part of the trooper’s ear was bitten off during the confrontation.
The trooper was hospitalized with serious injuries. The injuries were not considered life-threatening.
Carey was arrested and charged with felonious assault.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- SNOW BACK IN THE FORECAST?
- ‘SHE’S BLEEDING VERY BADLY’: RALEIGH FOOD LION STABBING 911 CALL RELEASED
- RALEIGH HOT DOG STAND’S MESSAGE ABOUT WOMEN RAISES EYEBROWS
- 4 OF 6 WANTED SUSPECTS SURRENDER IN CUMBERLAND COUNTY CHILD SERVITUDE CASE
- REPORT: KILLING OF GIRL FOUND BURNED CALLED ‘WORST CHILD DEATH CASE’ M.E. HAS SEEN