FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A person was killed and three others injured in a Fayetteville house fire early Sunday morning.
The fire happened in the 1900 block of Stanberry Street around 4:30 a.m.
Crews arrived to find heavy fire in the majority of the home and extreme heat in the remainder.
Once firefighters were able to get the fire knocked down from the outside, they entered the home and found the victim who had already passed away.
Three other people made it out of the home before firefighters arrived. They were transported to the hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation and other injuries.
“They were alerted by their smoke detector, (and) they had made it out,” said Assistant Fire Chief Kevin Morgan. “There was still one person inside the home. Fire crews were unsuccessful in trying to rescue that person. They made their efforts. That person was deceased at home.”
The name of the person who died has not been released.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- NC MOM KILLS HER TWO CHILDREN AND THEN HERSELF, POLICE SAY
- LOVE TRIANGLE LED TO MOM MISTAKENLY KILLED IN MURDER-FOR-HIRE, OFFICIALS SAY
- FAMILY SAYS DURHAM GRANDMOTHER WAS MURDERED, BUT POLICE DISAGREE
- 5-YEAR-OLD GIRL RECOVERING AFTER DRIVE-BY SHOOTING AT DURHAM GAS STATION
- FAMILY SHARES PHOTOS GONE WEIRDLY WRONG IN PHOTOSHOP FAIL