RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The Wake County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after a chase Sunday ended on the campus of North Carolina State University.
Authorities say around 9:20 a.m. a deputy initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for expired tags on Tar Heel Club Road.
As the deputy was talking to the driver, the man took off and a chase began through Raleigh, officials said.
The pursuit ended on William Moore Road and Blue Ridge Road.
Authorities say two deputy vehicles were involved in a collision with the suspect but no one was hurt.
Derrick Ahmir Jarrod Wiggins, 20, of Knightdale, initially gave officers a wrong name — Derrick Moore — when they arrested him, the Wake County Sheriff’s Office said.
Wiggins is facing several charges including fleeing to elude arrest, assault with a deadly weapon, injury to personal property, disorderly conduct and simple assault.
He is being held on a $100,000 bond. No one else was in his vehicle.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- NC MOM KILLS HER TWO CHILDREN AND THEN HERSELF, POLICE SAY
- LOVE TRIANGLE LED TO MOM MISTAKENLY KILLED IN MURDER-FOR-HIRE, OFFICIALS SAY
- FAMILY SAYS DURHAM GRANDMOTHER WAS MURDERED, BUT POLICE DISAGREE
- 5-YEAR-OLD GIRL RECOVERING AFTER DRIVE-BY SHOOTING AT DURHAM GAS STATION
- FAMILY SHARES PHOTOS GONE WEIRDLY WRONG IN PHOTOSHOP FAIL