RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) – Sebastian Aho and Victor Rask scored in the third period, helping the Carolina Hurricanes top the slumping Ottawa Senators 2-1 on Tuesday night.
Cam Ward made 29 saves for Carolina in the opener of a season-long eight-game homestand.
The Hurricanes returned from the All-Star break with their second straight win after dropping six of eight.
Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored and Craig Anderson made 37 saves for the Senators, who have lost six in a row.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DURHAM MOM DISTRAUGHT AFTER POLICE SAY MISSING SON WAS FORCED INTO VAN
- DURHAM HOMELESS COMMUNITY BEING FORCED OFF STATE-OWNED PROPERTY
- APP STATE TENNIS PLAYER SUSPENDED FOLLOWING RACIST REMARK SAY
- WAKE COUNTY SCHOOL INVESTIGATING 2 RACIST SOCIAL MEDIA VIDEOS
- WIDOW OF HARNETT COUNTY INMATE DOESN’T BELIEVE HE KILLED HIMSELF