WASHINGTON (AP) — Steve Bannon, the former chief strategist to President Donald Trump, is scheduled to speak with special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigators next week as they probe possible obstruction of justice by the president.
That’s according to two people familiar with Bannon’s interview. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record about details of the interview.
One of the people says Bannon plans to tell Mueller “everything” he knows.
Bannon is expected to face questions about key events during his time in the White House including Trump’s firings of former National Security adviser Michael Flynn and former FBI Director James Comey.
The confirmation of Bannon’s meeting with Mueller comes as Bannon’s closed-door interview set for Tuesday with the House intelligence committee was postponed.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- VIRGINIA MOM SPEAKS OUT AFTER 5-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER DROWNS AT HOTEL POOL PARTY
- VIDEO: TODDLER FOUND FROZEN TO DEATH ON FRONT PORCH
- VIDEO: SCARY COYOTE GROWLS AT NC PAIR, ATTACKS THEIR CAR
- RALEIGH EARMARKS HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS FOR PUBLIC ART