DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 51-year-old man is being held on a $1 million bond after police said he kidnapped and raped a resident of the apartment complex where he was employed.
Andre Lynch worked at the Arboretum at Southpoint Apartments as a service manager.
A manager at the Arboretum at Southpoint Apartments told CBS North Carolina on Wednesday that Lynch was no longer employed there but had passed background checks.
Lynch declined CBS North Carolina’s request for an interview.
“My first initial response is kind of like a jaw-dropping moment. Like, wow that actually happened,” said complex resident Eric Laws.
Laws has been living there for a few months. He says he’s concerned now about people he thought he could trust.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- TACO BELL HOT SAUCE LOAD SPILLS ALONG I-40/85 IN DEADLY NC CRASH
- WOMAN SPEAKS AFTER REPORTED SEX ASSAULT AT NC T.J. MAXX
- MAN LIVED WITH MOM’S BODY IN WAYNE COUNTY HOME FOR MORE THAN A YEAR, FRIEND SAYS
- EXPERTS: THE ONE FLU SYMPTOM YOU SHOULDN’T IGNORE