AFTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Two men burst into an Afton woman’s home shortly after midnight Feb. 4 and fatally shot her son, Warren County deputies said.
Keon Hicks, who lived in the house with his mother, was robbed before he was shot, deputies said. He was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was pronounced dead.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about the killing to call the Warren County Sheriff’s Office at (252) 257-3364 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday or (252) 257-3456 after hours or contact the tip hotline anonymously at (252) 257-1356.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- 38 ARRESTED IN NC TASK FORCE’S ‘OPERATION GROUNDHOG,’ DEPUTIES SAY
- HOLLY SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER FACING MULTIPLE CHILD PORN CHARGES
- MAN LIVED WITH MOM’S BODY IN WAYNE COUNTY HOME FOR MORE THAN A YEAR, FRIEND SAYS
- EXPERTS: THE ONE FLU SYMPTOM YOU SHOULDN’T IGNORE