GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) – The Highway Patrol says a 27-year-old man died in a crash that closed Auburn Church Road near Garner Friday morning.
A car and pickup truck were involved in the incident that occurred around 8:15 a.m. in the 4400 block of Auburn Church Road.
The wreck happened when a 1999 Acura was being driven south on Auburn Church Road, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said in a news release.
Meanwhile, a 2014 Dodge Ram was heading north on the road, troopers said.
“The 1999 Acura traveled off the right side of the roadway and overcorrected traveling across the roadway into the path of the 2014 Dodge,” the news release said.
Michael Wesley Robinette, who was driving the Acura, was ejected and died at the scene, officials said.
The 71-year-old man driving the Dodge was transported to WakeMed Main with minor injuries.
The road was closed from Pepsi Way to G Street for quite some time while the crash was investigated. It has since reopened.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- 38 ARRESTED IN NC TASK FORCE’S ‘OPERATION GROUNDHOG,’ DEPUTIES SAY
- FAYETTEVILLE GAS STATION ASSAULT LEAVES 73-YEAR-OLD IN CRITICAL CONDITION, POLICE SAY
- REGISTERED NC SEX OFFENDER CHARGED WITH RAPING 11-YEAR-OLD IN WAYNE COUNTY
- WOMAN FLUSHES HAMSTER DOWN TOILET AFTER AIRLINE BANS IT FROM FLIGHT