HILLSBOROUGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Orange County Animal Services are reminding people how to co-exist safely with coyotes following an increase of reported sightings.
- Don’t leave food scraps out for pets
- Make sure your pets are current on their rabies vaccinations
- If you come across a coyote try to frighten it away with loud noises
If you come across a coyote engaging in threatening behavior then you should report the animal on the Coyote Incident Reporting form, which can be accessed by visiting this website.
If residents witness coyotes engaging in threatening behavior or becoming habituated in residential areas, they can access the Coyote Incident Reporting Form from the link above or call Animal Services at 919.942.7387.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- 38 ARRESTED IN NC TASK FORCE’S ‘OPERATION GROUNDHOG,’ DEPUTIES SAY
- FAYETTEVILLE GAS STATION ASSAULT LEAVES 73-YEAR-OLD IN CRITICAL CONDITION, POLICE SAY
- REGISTERED NC SEX OFFENDER CHARGED WITH RAPING 11-YEAR-OLD IN WAYNE COUNTY
- WOMAN FLUSHES HAMSTER DOWN TOILET AFTER AIRLINE BANS IT FROM FLIGHT