NC dad, 2 toddler girls taken to burn center after fire guts home, officials say

GASTON, N.C. (AP/WNCN) — A man and two children are being treated for smoke inhalation and burns after a fire gutted a Northampton County home.

CLICK TO VIEW 6 LARGER PHOTOS FROM THE FIRE

Gaston Volunteer Fire Department said the fire to a Lincoln Street home in Gaston Friday caused heavy damage.

A 21-year-old man and two girls, ages 3 and 2, were rushed to the hospital in critical condition. The fire department said Saturday they had been transferred to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill.

Fire officials didn’t immediately respond to a message asking about their conditions Sunday.

Fire Capt. Eddie Porter III tells The Daily Herald of Roanoke Rapids that investigators believe that the fire started when the man, who appears to be the children’s father, fell asleep while cooking on the stove.

news-app-download-apple-350x50news-app-download-android-350x50

He said all three made it out of the house before firefighters arrived.

Gaston Fire and Rescue and Garysburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to the blaze.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s