KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (WBTV) — The death of a nearly three-week-old baby is under investigation in Kannapolis.
Kannapolis police say the newborn died Monday after being taken to Carolinas Medical Center Northeast and then transferred to CMC-Main.
The Department of Social Services notified police Friday that the 17-day-old had possibly been assaulted. The baby lived in Kannapolis.
“Due to the sensitive nature of this investigation we are unable to provide any additional information,” police say. “To do so at this point could be detrimental to the resolution of this case.”
An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the Kannapolis Police Department at 704-920-4000.
Copyright 2018 WBTV. All rights reserved.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MISSING FORT BRAGG FAMILY FOUND SAFE AT TENNESSEE CAMPSITE, AUTHORITIES SAY
- WOMAN GETS $72 TICKET AFTER HONKING HORN AT POLICE CAR
- FAMILY LOSES FATHER, NEWBORN IN SAME WEEK
- TRIAL TO BEGIN TODAY FOR RALEIGH MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER SHOOTING AT ‘HOODLUMS’
- NC PAIR ARRESTED FOR POSSESSION OF BOTTLES LABELED AS ‘CBD’ OIL, DEPUTIES SAY