KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) — A 14-year-old Wake Forest boy is facing charges after police say he stabbed a man repeatedly in the head during an argument inside a Knightdale apartment Monday night, Knightdale police said.
EMS and police responded to the 1300 block of East Cameo Lane around 8:45 p.m. in response to the attack.
According to police, the Wake Forest teen was visiting the apartment when the 19-year-old victim and the victim’s girlfriend got into a heated argument. The suspect became upset over the the victim’s treatment of his girlfriend and then stabbed the man with a knife before running from the apartment, police said.
Knightdale police found the 14-year-old suspect near the scene and took him into custody. The victim was transported to WakeMed for treatment of serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
The suspect was held overnight on a secure custody order and was charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, police said.
The teen boy is scheduled to make his first court appearance this afternoon.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN BOY CHARGED AFTER STABBING MAN IN HEAD DURING ATTACK, KNIGHTDALE POLICE SAY
- VIDEO: MAN FOUND GUILTY OF MURDERING 2 DEPUTIES LAUGHS, CHEERS DURING VERDICT
- 3 FACE PROSTITUTION CHARGES AFTER RAID AT HOKE COUNTY SPA, DEPUTIES SAY
- SOUTHBOUND LANES OF NC-55 IN DURHAM SHUT DOWN AFTER FATAL MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- FORT BRAGG SOLDIER WENT AWOL WEEKS BEFORE FAMILY VANISHED, OFFICIALS SAY