RAMSEUR, N.C. (WFMY) – Dylon Kirkpatrick was charged with murder on Wednesday in connection with the death of one-year-old Ryker Baker.
RELATED: NC dad mourns baby son who died from suspected abuse
Baker died last Saturday at Brenner Children’s Hospital. Investigators say they suspect Ryker was the victim of child abuse.
Kirkpatrick, the boyfriend of Baker’s mother, has no bond.
Kirkpatrick was previously charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury and assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious bodily injury.
EARLIER: VIDEO: NC baby beaten to death, mom’s boyfriend charged, deputies say
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN FOUND SHOT TO DEATH AT RALEIGH APARTMENT COMPLEX, POLICE SAY
- GRANVILLE COUNTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER HAD SEX WITH EX-STUDENT, OFFICIALS SAY
- DURHAM MOTORCYCLIST HIT BY VAN, KILLED ON NC-55 NEAR I-40
- NC MOM AND TEEN DAUGHTER KILLED IN HEAD-ON CRASH ON WAY TO SCHOOL
- 3 FACE PROSTITUTION CHARGES AFTER RAID AT HOKE COUNTY SPA, DEPUTIES SAY